Not everyone who uses the road is in a motor vehicle. Whether you are walking, jogging, or biking, there is always a risk of being hit by a negligent driver. If you or a loved one have sustained injuries in a pedestrian accident in New York City, experienced personal injury lawyer Reid B. Wissner can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Types of Compensation
In personal injury cases, there are different types of compensation you can receive. These are called damages.
Depending on your situation, you may be able to recover damages such as:
- Past, Current, and Future Medical Expenses: All medical expenses related to your injury should be covered. These include hospitalization, x-rays, surgery, rehabilitation, life-long care, transportation assistance to the doctor, or new medication.
- Lost Wages: During recovery, you most likely won’t be able to work. In addition, if you can’t return to your previous job because of your injury, the defendant should cover the pay gap between your old and new jobs.
- Pain and Suffering: If you endure any physical or emotional pain due to your injuries, you can pursue compensation for your suffering. In many cases, both insurance companies and attorneys use a multiplier to determine an appropriate amount.
- Lifestyle Accommodations for Disability: In cases involving catastrophic injuries that result in temporary or permanent disability, you may seek compensation for devices like wheelchairs, prosthetics, and more.
- Emotional Distress: If you suffer any emotional harm due to your injuries, you can seek compensation for mental illnesses brought on by your accident, such as depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), insomnia, and more.
If you were injured after being hit by a motor vehicle, call the Law Offices of Reid B. Wissner today at 212-406-9288 for a free consultation. Attorney Reid B. Wissner has more than 40 years of experience representing personal injury victims with exceptional results. He proudly serves clients in the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the greater New York City area.