While many leases are written in favor of the landlord, there are still protections afforded to tenants. If you have a dispute with your landlord, you have rights. Reid Wissner has extensive experience fighting for the rights of tenants embroiled in a dispute with their landlord, and he will help you through this difficult time.
When disputes arise, the relationship between landlord and tenant can become very adversarial. In many instances, litigation is necessary to resolve these disputes. Landlord/tenant law in New York City is highly complex, and it’s important to work with an attorney who knows the complicated legislation and case law that govern these lawsuits. Mr. Wissner will guide you through this complex process, ensuring your rights are protected every step of the way.
If you have a dispute with your landlord, you can learn about your legal rights and options by speaking with Mr. Wissner in person. Please call 212-406-9288 today to schedule a consultation. We serve clients throughout New York City from our office in Manhattan.
Protecting the Rights of Tenants
Mr. Wissner can assist you with just about any dispute you have with your landlord. Some common landlord/tenant dispute cases we handle include:
- Rent stabilization and rent control – Laws governing rent control and stabilization in New York City are very complex. Mr. Wissner can assist you with disputes associated with these laws, including succession rights, buy-outs, unlawful rent increases and unlawful eviction.
- Co-op and condo conversions – Mr. Wissner can assist tenants living in a building that is being converted into a condominium or cooperative.
- Holdover proceedings – If you’re being evicted for a reason other than failing to pay your rent, the process involves a holdover proceeding. Mr. Wissner can handle the holdover proceeding for you to ensure your rights are protected throughout the process.
- Nonpayment summary proceedings – If you’re being evicted due to failure to pay rent, the process involves a nonpayment summary proceeding. Mr. Wissner can represent you in this proceeding to ensure your rights are protected.
- Unlawful eviction – If you feel you have been evicted without cause, you have rights. Mr. Wissner can help you fight this unlawful eviction in court.
- Landlord’s obligation to make repairs – Mr. Wissner has assisted tenants in cases where landlords have failed to make necessary repairs on the property required under the terms of the lease.
- New condo construction defects – Mr. Wissner represents tenants who have been negatively impacted by a construction defect in a newly built or renovated building.
- Rent overcharges – If your landlord has been charging more than what has been agreed upon in the lease, Mr. Wissner can help. This may include situations where additional fees are assessed without merit.
- Nuisance, noise and pet issues – Mr. Wissner can help you resolve any disputes associated with noise, nuisance or pet violations.
- Appeals – Mr. Wissner can help you handle any appeals for landlord/tenant litigation.
Why Choose Mr. Wissner
Mr. Wissner has over 30 years of experience handling landlord/tenant disputes. He can guide you through the entire legal process, including all necessary motions, hearings and trials. Mr. Wissner will tailor your legal strategy to the specific nature of your dispute with your landlord. While he always strives to settle the dispute through negotiation, he is prepared to take your case to trial if this is the best way to protect your rights.
Contact our New York City Landlord/Tenant Dispute Attorney
Please contact the Law Offices of Reid B. Wissner using the form on this page or call 212-406-9288 today to schedule a complimentary consultation. We serve clients in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx and throughout New York City.